How to Access Local Mental Health and Behavioral Health Services for Your Child

Call the Contracted System Administrator (CSA),
PerformCare at

You will hear an automated voice-mail system with the following choices:

  • If it is a Life Threatening Emergency or Crisis, press 1
  • If you need Mobile Response (immediate help to address a crisis), press 2
  • All other callers are asked to hold for the next available Customer Service Representative

    PLEASE NOTE: You can access Mobile Response by either pressing 1 for emergency and ask for Mobile Response or by pressing 2 to go into the Mobile Response Request Line.
  1. The first person you will speak with at the CSA (PerformCare) is one of their Customer Service Representatives. This individual will ask some basic questions about your family’s demographics (name, address, phone number, your child’s date of birth) as well as questions about your family’s situation, and your child’s needs. The Customer Service Representative is conducting an intake and registering you in the confidential database. Once this basic information is collected the Customer Service Representative will transfer you to a Care Coordinator.

    The Care Coordinator will ask you questions about your family’s situation and your child’s needs. If you need information about mental health services that are available for your child and family, the Care Coordinator can refer you to services in your local community. If you need additional supports, such as case management with supportive services for your child, the Care Coordinator will give you the name and phone number of one or more local mental health providers for you to call and set-up a Needs Assessment.

  2. When you call this local clinician to schedule a Needs Assessment, he/she will contact the CSA (PerformCare) to get Authorization to conduct the assessment. This Authorization allows the clinician to be paid for the assessment. Once they have this Authorization, the local clinician can come to your home to meet your family and conduct the Needs Assessment.

    A Needs Assessment is a series of questions about your child’s behavior and your family’s situation. This information is used by the CSA to determine the type of services that your family will receive. After completing the needs assessment, the Local Needs Provider / Assessor faxes the information to the CSA who then reviews it and makes a determination on the appropriate level of care your child will receive.

    The types of services that you may receive include:
    Connection to a local mental health provider for therapeutic behavioral assistance through the CSA (PerformCare) Care Coordination; or, Short-term Case Management with Supportive Services through a local Youth Case Management Program; or, intensive, team-based Case Management through a local Care Management Organization. All of these services are designed to provide your family with the supports to maintain your child in the home and in school with community-based resources.

    Your family will be contacted by the case management agency that will be providing assistance. Please note: this intake/assessment /referral process can take 3 to 5 weeks.

  3. Mobile Response provides trained clinicians who can come to your home to help you address the crisis so that it does not escalate to a situation where your child is hospitalized or sent out of your home. In some situations, Mobile Response may also be able to put into place short-term services to address the behavioral and emotional needs of your child. You can then seek longer-term assistance through case management services.

Information you provide to the CSA is protected under HIPAA, just like your medical records.