Caring For Families Social Services
Caring For Families Social Services is a community services agency that specializes in bridging government funded programs such as programs funded by the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) with the individuals in need.
Caring For Families Social Services offers the following Direct Care Services (English/Spanish Staff) in Passaic County:
- Individual Support ?
- Community Based Support Program
- Supported Employment
- Community Inclusion
- Interpreter Services
- Recreational Activities ?
We also provide Support Coordination Services in Union, Middlesex, Essex, Morris, and Somerset Counties. Our trained Support Coordinators are fluent in English, Spanish, Urdu, and Hindi.
Programs Funded by The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
Caring For Families Social Services (CFFSS) will collaborate with the individual to identify Division-funded services that are needed. The services available through the DDD Supports Program include the following:
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY: An item, piece of equipment, or product system used to increase, maintain, or improve an individual’s functional capabilities.??
- BEHAVIORAL SUPPORTS: Counseling, behavioral interventions, and/or diagnostic evaluations/ consultations to help an individual manage his/her behaviors and learn to interact with others.?
- CAREER PLANNING: Employment planning to help an individual get and keep a job.?
- COGNITIVE REHABILITATION: Therapeutic cognitive activities to help an individual with a neurological impairment learn new and different ways to function.?
- COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORTS: One-on-one direct support that promotes increased independence, productivity, enhanced family functioning, and inclusion in the community.?
- COMMUNITY INCLUSION SERVICES: Direct support to assist a group of 2-6 individuals in educational, enrichment, or recreational activities.?
- DAY HABILITATION: Education and training that assist an individual in gaining the skills needed to participate in the community (problem-solving skills, self-help skills, social skills, adaptive skills, daily living skills, and/or leisure skills).?
- ENVIRONMENTAL MODIFICATIONS: Physical adaptations to the private residence of an individual/family to ensure the health, welfare, and safety of the individual or to enable the individual to function with greater independence in his/her residence.?
- FISCAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES (An administrative service that does not come out of the individualized budget): Assistance with disbursement of funds for Self-Directed Employees and fiscal accounting (referred to as Fiscal Intermediary, or FI).?
- GOODS AND SERVICES: Services, equipment, or supplies not provided through other Supports Program services, or other resources that address an identified need.?
- INTERPRETER SERVICES: Face-to-face support to assist an individual to integrate more fully with community-based activities and employment.?
- NATURAL SUPPORTS TRAINING: Training for caregivers who provide unpaid support, training, companionship, or supervision to an individual.?
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY: Habilitative or rehabilitative, provided one-on-one or in a group (rehabilitative services available only after limits under the State Medicaid Plan are exhausted).?
- PERSONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE SYSTEM (PERS): Electronic device that gets help in an emergency.?
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: Habilitative or rehabilitative, provided one-on-one or in a group (rehabilitative services available only after limits under the State Medicaid Plan are exhausted).?
- PREVOCATIONAL TRAINING: Learning and work experiences that help an individual learn about jobs that he/she may be interested in, and learn skills to become more employable.?
- RESPITE: Short-term care/support of an individual due to the absence or need for relief of the usual caregiver(s)?
- SPEECH, LANGUAGE, AND HEARING THERAPY: Habilitative or rehabilitative, provided one-on-one or in a group (rehabilitative services available only when the limits under State Medicaid plan are exhausted).?
- SUPPORT COORDINATION (An administrative service that does not come out of the individualized budget): Assists an individual to gain access to DDD program services, as well as needed medical, social, educational and other services.?
- SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT – INDIVIDUAL: Assists an individual to get and/or keep a job in the general workforce at or above minimum wage.?
- SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT – SMALL GROUP: Training activities in business, industry, and community settings for a group of 2-8 individuals.?
- SUPPORTS BROKERAGE: Available to individuals using Self-Directed Employees for some or all services, to assist the individual in arranging for, directing, and managing these self-directed services (Intended to supplement, not duplicate, Support Coordination service).?
- TRANSPORTATION: Assists individual in gaining access to services, activities, and resources.?
- VEHICLE MODIFICATIONS: Assessments, adaptations, or alterations to an automobile or van to accommodate an individual’s needs.
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
|Language / Culture||
Last Updated: 01/18/19